Pacific Northwest FA Gathering
I had some positive responses to the idea of getting together a Pacific Northwest FA gathering, so I thought it might be a good idea to get a dialogue started!
I’m happy to take the lead on getting something going for a conference/retreat type thing. But I’d like some feedback on what you all would like to see (and what might make or break whether you could come). So, give me your thoughts on the following basic logistics:
1. money—what is your budget? Is there a particular cost that would be prohibitive for you to attend?
2. location—where are you located, and how far are you willing to travel? Would you need to use public transportation/ride-share or can you drive yourself?
3. accessibility—what accessibility needs do you have?
4. duration—would you like to see this be a weekend (2-3 nights) or a week-length (4-6 nights)?
5. scheduling—are there times of the year/week/month that do or don’t work for you? There are several three-day weekends that many folks have off work (Labor Day, Martin Luther King Jr. Day, Presidents Day, Memorial Day) but are these prohibitive for you because you can’t drive in potential snow in January or your family always goes camping over Labor Day?
6. anything else you want to be considered?
I think we can talk program stuff once we know more about logistics. Feel free to email me if you don’t want your answers to some of these things broadcast to the whole world. I promise confidentiality on anything emailed to me.